We are in constant need of everyday essential items for foster youth of all ages. Below is a list of items of greatest need. These can be purchased anywhere and dropped off by appointment at our Resource Closet.
Diapers & Wipes
New and like-new clothing
New and like-new shoes
New and like-new sheets and bedding (all sizes, including crib)
Baby formula & Baby food
New socks only – all sizes
New underwear – only all sizes
Gift cards (Grocery, Target, Walmart)
New and like-new cribs and crib mattresses
Other essential baby items
Twin bed frames
Double and single strollers
Snap n Go strollers
Car seats (not expired)
Baby monitors (video monitors are in especially high demand)
What to Know When Donating
- PREPARE YOUR STUFF: Gently used items must be clean, freshly washed, and sorted by size/gender/season. Please label by size/gender/season on the outside of the plastic bags. This really helps our volunteers!
- We want the children who receive your donations to know that they are truly valued, so we prefer that donations are in new or like-new condition- similar to items you would see in a children’s consignment store.
- Clothing must not be stained or damaged. We value quality over quantity.
- We do not take used socks or underwear.
- It’s especially helpful to us when donations are freshly washed and sorted by size and gender. This allows us more time to distribute to the children who need them.
- Please do not leave donations outside of our Resource Closet.
- If you have a furniture item or mattress to donate, please send pictures and the dimensions to our email address. We will check our list of current requests, and we will get back to you on our next business day. Thank you!
We Do Not Take These Items
Currently, we cannot accept used:
- Suitcases/duffle bags
- Expired car seats
- Baby bumper pads
- Breast pumps
- Used stuffed animals without tags
- Prom dresses
- Christening gowns
- Used socks/underwear
- Used gloves/hats
- Used furniture, beds, cribs, mattresses, dressers, and changing tables are only accepted when requested or needed. We cannot store these items.
Get In Touch
Closet Location: The HUB, 11952 Hancock Street, Becker
Telephone: (815) 980-9633
Hours: M-F: By appointment only, closed weekends