GET TO KNOW USAbout Compassion Connection
Together we can make a difference
We’ve Been There
We Know The Foster Care & Adoption Journey
There are over 400,000 children in foster care. Many face unimaginable neglect, abuse, or abandonment and these children are left feeling rejected and alone. Children in the foster care system are more susceptible to a variety of challenges such as homelessness, incarceration, teen pregnancy, human trafficking, substance abuse, and limited education. Annually, over 20,000 age out of the system, many without the ability or support to transition effectively into independent living. We are committed to providing a helping hand to children and youth facing such daunting challenges.
Meet the Team
Board | President
Term ends June 2024
Term ends December 2023
Term ends November 2024
Term ends May 2025
Join the Team
Become a Board Member
Interested in Serving On Our Board of Directors?
- Board meetings occur every other month, either on site or via Zoom.
- Commitment to attend at least 2 annual TCC events a year.
- Commitment to participate in at least 2 annual fundraisers a year.
- Ongoing email/text conversations for TCC.
- As with any Board, members will be solicited for cash or in-kind donations. Donation amount or type is optional.
- Submit the Board application (linked below)
- Optional: If you would like to like to include a resume with it, you can send the resume via email to thecompassionconnectionmn@
gmail.com and please write New Board Member Application in the subject line of your email.
- Copies of your application will be distributed to the current board to help the Board understand how you will contribute to the organizations work and mission.
- The Board will nominate members and vote to add members as needed to the Board.
From Our President
“Compassion Connection is a 501(c)(3) community-based non-profit. We partner with local public and private child welfare agencies. We fulfill emergency requests to expedite safe placement of babies and children and assist aged-out youth as they transition. At our Resource Closet, we are committed to helping not only the foster community but families in need making most items in our Resource Closet available to all. We host regular community events to encourage awareness and motivate community participation in support of our most vulnerable children.”
– Amy Drehmel
Get In Touch
Closet: 13150 First Street SE, Suite 109, Becker
Call or Text: 612-484-0030
13150 First Street SE, Suite 109
Becker, MN 55308
11158 Olympia Ave
Becker MN 55308
Mondays: By Appt
Tuesdays: 9 am-2 pm
Thursdays: 9 am-2 pm
Fridays: By Appt
Saturdays: By Appt